Pros and Cons: Custom Spiral StaircasesAdmin
Spiral staircases can be visually stunning and can enhance the beauty of your home. However, they’re not the right choice for everyone. In some homes, these structures fit right in and look like they’re a natural part of the design. In other homes, they stand out like a sore thumb; so it’s important to consider the pros and cons of custom spiral staircases. At Boston Ironworks, we suggest you consider the points listed below before you opt for a staircase installation.
There are many advantages of spiral staircases and they can be a wise investment for homeowners. Some people hesitate because they think custom spiral staircases might be a little ostentatious but if they fit into your home, they can look great. Here are some reasons why you should install spiral staircases:
- Space – Normal staircases take up a lot of space and that can be a problem with small houses. Spiral staircases have a very small footprint, though this depends on the climb of the structure. A gradual climb would take up more space, while a steep climb would take up less space.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Spiral staircases have a very beautiful structure and design. They can be customized according to your preferences and add grace and elegance to your home. That is one of the biggest appeals of custom spiral staircases.
- Custom Design – You can custom design staircases for your home at a relatively affordable cost. Spiral staircases are usually made from wrought iron and metal with can be fabricated according to your preferences.
- Steep – While you save space, you do compromise on some comfort. Spiral staircases are often quite steep and can be more difficult to climb than other such structures. This can be problematic for the elderly and people with some form of physical disability.
As mentioned before, these staircases are not for everyone. Here’s a list of some of the major disadvantages of custom spiral staircases:
- Building Codes – You need to make sure that your staircase is built according to your building code. Some areas have different rules and guidelines for custom spiral staircases.
You also need to choose the design carefully because a badly installed staircase looks out of place and ugly. If you want to know more about custom spiral staircases or our other services, you can call Boston Ironworks at 617 657 3117. You can also fill in this contact us form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Copyright © Boston Ironworks