The Importance of Having a Solid Fire Escape at HomeAdmin
It’s very common for your wits to scatter when you’re faced with unexpected crisis. Nothing is more unexpected than a sudden fire that appeared out of nowhere. You don’t know what to do and your mind is clouded. According to experts from the best fire escape company, you have approximately 2 minutes to get out of your home before your life is at risk. At Boston Ironworks, it’s very clear to us that better preparation can make all the difference. Here’s what you need to do:
Have a Plan
A solid fire escape plan would help you keep your wits about you. If you know what you need to do during the fire, you won’t panic as much. Planning to escape a fire is very easy. Just consider the following points:
- Study the floor plan of your home and determine all the available exists you have. You might want to consider installing functional escapes from the best fire escape company in the upper floors.
- Determine the fastest and the best ways to reach each of the exits of your home. You should also ensure that you know two to three ways of reaching those exits.
- Determine the best way to exit rooms. If your room has only one exit, it might be a good idea to install windows or create an alternative exit.
- Choose a place outside the house where everyone can safely meet.
- Head for the exit immediately after the alarm has been activated. Don’t stop to take valuables. If you can grab a phone, do it but don’t waste too much time on it.
Teach Family Members about the Fire
The next step is to teach your family members what to do in the event of a fire. Here some of the points they need to know:
- Stay as close to the floor as possible to escape from the smoke. Cover your mouth with a clean cloth.
- Don’t open doors that are hot, that would be an indication that fire is behind it.
The best fire escape company recommends that you practice your fire escape plans at least twice in a year. This would help if there’s a real emergency.
If you want to know more about escaping fires and best fire escape company, you can call Boston Ironworks at 617 657 3117. You can also fill in this contact us form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Copyright © Boston Ironworks