To Be Prepared is to be Safe: Home Boston Fire InspectionAdmin
As a homeowner, you take great care to build a solid home, construct boundary walls and install safety systems on your property. You do this to ensure the safety and security of your family and all the belongings in your home.
Aspects to keep in view
One more important thing that every homeowner should prioritize is a fire safety in the home and it is crucial that every property have well designed firescapes. Here are some Boston fire inspection steps to follow that will help make your home safer in case a fire breaks out on your property:
- Begin the inspection with the exterior of your home’s structure. Check whether your address markings are clearly visible from the street, that there are no obstructions; they should be reflective and at least 4” in height.
- Walk all around your house and keep an eye open for potential hazards such as obstructions to firescapes Massachusetts. Make sure there is no overgrown vegetation or any combustible liquids such as diesel or gas near the windows or exits.
- Make sure that your front door opens & closes without any problems. Check all the locks and consider getting a hand turn style lock fitted in case you have dead bolts there. The latter make it very difficult to exit the house in a hurry in case there is a fire.
- Make sure you have smoke detectors on every floor in your house, including the basement and attic. It’s important that you have one smoke detector at least within 10 feet of every bedroom door in your house.
- Check that the smoke detectors aren’t over 10 years old. If they are, get them replaced without delay and make it a point to replace the batteries every 5-6 months.
- Draw a simple, yet detailed fire escape plan and make sure that all the members of your family are aware of it.
- Inspect all the bedroom windows and make sure they open easily.
- Check where you have stashed the fire extinguishers in your home and, if you have none, make it a point to purchase them and place one on every floor in your home.
These basic Boston fire inspection steps can go a long way in preventing a major tragedy in the form of any harm to your family, in case of a fire. For questions and enquires on firescapes Massachusetts, you can call Boston Ironworks at 617 657 3117. You can also fill in this contact us form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Copyright © Boston Ironworks