Stairs Solutions for Small HousesAdmin
If you have a modestly-sized home, and are getting a loft built, you may be in a quandary as to whether you should install a ladder or staircase. The fact is that both these features have their pros and cons and what you choose will be largely dependent on your personal preferences. Our designers here at Boston Ironworks find that this is one of the most widely-debated topics when people are getting their lofts built.
Considerations about Stairs Solutions
Let’s take a look at some facts about these stairs solutions and what they involve. It will help you make a more well-informed decision when you are planning your home improvement or new build project.
- It’s easier to climb stairs and so will find it easier to access your loft space. However, the installation would require more space than a ladder would.
- You can make your staircase more functional by creating some smart storage under it. Skilled designers would be able to install in-built storage under the staircase risers to add dual functionality to the structure.
- If you want access to a loft space that doesn’t have too much of floor area under it, a ladder might be a more suitable option. This feature will occupy very little space. In fact, you also have the option to hang it on a wall when it’s not in use.
- There are a number of ladder and staircase designs to choose from and skilled designers would be able to provide you the stairs solutions you need.
- The other option is to choose a twisted staircase design; the structure looks unconventional and would fit in well with interior areas that have modern or minimalistic styling. This type of stair design also lends itself well to an open floor plan as you are able to see through the stairs.
- Ladders aren’t a good option for anyone that has mobility issues. The best way to avoid access problems is to extend the length of the house rather than build a loft in it.
Skilled contractors will always work closely with you and ensure that the stairs solutions they provide have the right balance of functionality and aesthetics. If you are looking for expert ornamental iron work services, you can call Boston Ironworks at 617 657 3117. You can also fill in this contact us form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Copyright © Boston Ironworks