Tips For a Successful Fire Inspection in BostonAdmin
Fire inspections are conducted annually to ensure commercial buildings are safe to use and provide adequate protection and means to escape in the event of a fire. As the owner of the property, it’s your responsibility to ensure your building has proper fire safety measures. At Boston Ironworks, we’ve put together a little checklist that would help you handle Boston fire inspection and ensure your property passes it.
- Access to your property should be clearly visible from the street.
- Fire hydrants should be as close to your property and easily accessible as possible. They should also be clearly visible.
- Connection to the fire department should be visible and easily accessible.
- You need to ensure your lockbox is accessible as well and the entire building is open to the firemen.
- All the exit doors on your property should be clearly marked, visible, and accessible.
- These doors should open effortlessly without keys or special instructions.
- Doors should latch on automatically and be self-closing.
- The egress routes should be well-lit and all emergency lights should function well, even during a fire.
- They should lead to the nearest exits and fire escapes directly.
- Fire extinguishers should be installed near all at-risk areas of the building, preferably within 75 feet to ensure quick and easy access.
- They need to be easily visible and accessible. They should also be installed at the proper height above the floor so everyone can access it. The top of the extinguisher shouldn’t be farther than 5 feet from the floor.
- The extinguishers should have the minimum fire rating or they won’t be accepted during Boston fire inspection. Be sure to install the right ones on your building.
- All extinguishers should be perfectly functional and effective. An approved agency should inspect and tag the extinguishers every 12 months.
You can consult a professional to understand what kind of fire safety standards you need to use in your building. If you follow the regulations, you’ll have no problem during the inspections. If you want to know more about Boston fire inspection or our other services, you can call Boston Ironworks at 617 657 3117. You can also fill in this contact us form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Copyright © Boston Ironworks